Color Management implementation needs of creation of the bridge between prepress and printing production. Many enterprises experience difficulties from lack of Color Management regulations which allow to distribute responsibility for quality of operations performance between divisions.
On the other hand, color in production is influenced by many factors which are interconnected among themselves. In practice it is very difficult without information about the workflow parameter (color values, dot gain, etc.) to establish the reason of unsatisfactory quality in production prints. Normally the Color Mangement regulations including the following parts:
- input control of printing substrates and inks;
- printing tests preparation for creation of ICC profiles;
- establishment of standards and tolerances on color parameters;
- ICC profile application when processing orders;
- production of a contract digital color proof;
- producing recipes of Pantone inks
The Color Mangement regulations are developed according the needs of concrete enterprise and consider all features of workflow.